After looking over my PCS site, Michelle explained to me that she used to create home-made books for her child. I asked if she had photos to share and she did!
To create a home-made book like this you will need the following items:
- Construction paper
- Photos of your child
- A *comb* binding machine
- buy this on ebay, amazon or from your local office supply store
- Comb bindings
- purchase on ebay, amazon or from your local office supply store
- Contact paper for the cover and back pages
- or you can pay to have them laminated BEFORE you do the binding
Here is the cover:
Here is one of the inside pages:
An added touch:
Mention your child’s special room:
Help your child relate to feelings and emotions using magazine cut-outs:
If possible, work on this project with your child. He/She will love helping you, talking about the images and the book you are creating – making memories!
Follow Sixty Second Parent on Twitter.
Thanks for sharing your story with us, Michelle!
No Responses to “Home-made books for early learners (Sixty Second Parent)”
- 20 Craft Tips (March is National Craft Month) || The Mommy Perks VIP Blog - [...] 6: Make a home-made book that your child/grandchild will use, read and enjoy! *from [...]