Tweeted by Shara Lawrence-Weiss on Friday, May 4th, 2010.
A big thank you to Baby Stay Asleep for offering ten of the 20 ideas!
- Obstacle Courses
- 50 activity ideas for the family!
- Homemade Bubble Wands
- “Heavy Work” Activities (sensory-based for special needs)
- Ready for Kindergarten: Fine Motor Activities
- Healthy Cooking Ideas for kids (including those with special needs)
- Join your local library’s Summer Reading Program
- Summer games from Disney Family Fun
- Volunteer Ideas for kids All Ages
- Gardening with Kids
- Set up an indoor or outdoor Scavenger Hunt. Hide toys, books, change, snacks, etc – make it fun!
- Need craft kits and craft ideas? Check out frecklescrafts.com
- Swing Therapy – great summer activity for special needs
- How to engage kids this summer (tweens/teens)
- Family Fun For Less (Uniroyal Tires) – Free ebook
- TONS of ideas for developing fine motor skills this summer (teacher/parent ideas)
- FREE National Park entrance days *Enjoy the outdoors together!
- Find craft ideas. Search by theme: No Time for Flashcards
- 37 pages of ideas for children (some old…some new) based on personality types! Print and staple.
- Remember to laugh and have fun this summer. Laughter is necessary!!